Who can participate?
- Youth Ages 16 to 19
- Demonstrated ability to use digital media tools
- Expressed interest in media profession
- Ability to work independently
- IMPORTANT: good social skills
- Preferred: Prior participation in summer program or special project experience at WPAA-TV.
Positions available based on funds availability. Maximum paid hours per month is 20 (minimum wage). Paid hours must be preceded by a minimum of 20 hours of Community Service. Candidates with demonstrated abilities can begin paid hours concurrent last 10 hours of Community Service. Paid opportunities are not guaranteed based on summer program participation or completion of Community Service. This initiative has funding dependencies.
Assignments vary. Be a roving reporter, help cover public events as crew, design graphics, edit video all in support of local nonprofits/civic groups. If interested send email inquiry.
Daily inspiration from Dogooder: Changing the World One Video at a time.
Curated lessons scooped by Freeman and shared in this FaceBook Group #W06492 Be The Media.