What is WPAA-TV
Who owns WPAA-TV? A non-profit media center with a public service mission
Is it funded by tax-payer? No
What is the source of your funding? Cable subscribers pay about $6 annually toward our operations? Donations and grants are other sources. We are volunteer-run and operated.
Non-profit PSAs on TV
Do you play Public Service Announcements (PSA)? Yes
Is there paperwork involved in getting them on TV? No
How do we give you a PSA? PSA can be sent given to us in person, via email or file transfer such as DropBox.
Is there a required video format for a PSA? No, Give us the best quality you have in any format.
Are there length requirements? No. We have played PSA as short as 6 seconds and as long as 12 minutes.
How often is PSA content played? PSAs are scheduled randomly near related content. If locally sourced, they get played with local news and short video stories weekdays beginning and 5 and 6 PM
Who can put content on WPAA-TV
Is residency in Wallingford a requirement to use WPAA-TV? Residency gives prospective Users priority. Users can be any of the following:
- Producers in the following Towns: No. Branford, No. Haven, East Haven, Madison, Guilford, Branford. These are the towns served by our Cable Provider Comcast.
- Representatives of nonprofits providing services to an area that includes Wallingford?
- Individuals that own businesses in Wallingford.
- Individuals employed by businesses that do business in Wallingford (i.e. State of CT)
- CT college students.
- CT Filmmakers
- Members of organizations that we host such as theater companies.
What does it cost to use WPAA-TV
Do Producers pay fees? Not at this time
Is there paperwork involved in getting content on TV? Yes, Set up a meeting to get a process overview for program plan and media release.
Our meeting rooms are free? Yes
Is there a limit to how often meeting rooms are used? No. Scheduling is 1st come 1st serve using email@example.com email
If I want to do a commercial project can I rent the facility? No
How early or late can the facility be used? This is determined on a project-by-project basis. The facility is most often open between 11 AM to 9 PM.