Put yourself on the map. Be a community media maker!Freeman P Quinn, 1st Free Speech Ambassador
WPAA-TV facilitates the production of digital media and distributes community access and public service information. WPAA-TV provides its Users with media tools and studioW stage for content creation.
WPAA-TV operates as “Your Town, Your Station, Your Voice” distributing programs by community, for the community, of Wallingford, CT.
To empower the people of Wallingford to meet their own communication needs, as they define them, by facilitating digital media creation and managing its public Distribution
Use of WPAA-TV digital media tools and studioW stage can help inform, connect and build community through the production of ideas, opinions, stories, news, information and/or performance.
#wpaatv #BeTheMedia #MoreThanTV #YourTownYourStationYourVoice #SocialActionArt #CelebrateWallingfordEveryday
- To operate a community-based media center inclusive of a television studio with community meeting, performance space, and gallery
- To provide access to (free or low-cost) tools & stage to the public for creating and distributing media
- To foster awareness of the First Amendment and Free Speech (with gratitude for the 14th Amendment)
- To sustain Community Access TV resources on behalf of the people of Wallingford
- To enable transparency in government; especially, locally and globally
WPAA-TV is a volunteer-run nonprofit that supports citizen-produced media, individuals and civic groups making their own videos for TV distribution 1st on WPAA-TV.Outreach goal: To create awareness of the resources available and the reasons they are and to evolve grassroots financial support to enable resources to remain equitably available at no cost to users.
WPAA-TV is your alternative to commercial media. Fundamental Community Access principles embedded in production and distribution policy are at the core of our First Amendment advocacy. These principles include but are not limited to:
- Enhancing First Amendment rights by enabling informed Free Speech and transparency in government;
- Enable dissemination of diverse views to inform and foster inclusion, allyship, and collaboration;
- Supporting the development of hyper-local stories;
- Foster global awareness for local engagement; and
- Be a resource for alternatives to commercial media.
To locate policies and compliance reports check out our Deep Dive Page.